Love carrot cakes, and decided to bake something that wasn’t chocolatey for a change. This carrot cake recipe was easy, and so yummy. I’ll definitely make more of it this Fall. Do let me know if you give it a go.
WHAT YOU NEED:
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 lb. cream cheese
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. ginger powder
2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1¾ tsp. salt
¾ lb. carrots
1¾ cups sugar
3 tsp. vanilla extract/essence
1. Get your cream cheese to room temperature, and cup them up into little cubes.
2. Preheat oven to 180C and Lightly grease a loaf or cake pan, then line with parchment paper.
3. Whisk 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. ground ginger, ¾ tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1½ tsp salt in a medium bowl.
4. Peel and grate your carrots into the dry mix, and then toss with your hands.
5. Scrape half of your cream cheese into a large bowl. (This is for the batter, the other half is for the icing) Using a spatula, spread cream cheese around sides of bowl, working it a few times with your spatula to help soften. Add 1½ cups sugar and keep working with spatula to completely mix. Crack 2 eggs into bowl, then whisk until mixture is very smooth. Add in ¾ cup vegetable oil, 2 tsp. vanilla extract and whisk again.
6. Fold dry ingredients into wet mixture with your spatula.
7. Scrape batter into pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
8. Bake for 70-90 minutes, check on came from the 70 minute mark (mine was in for 75)
9. Move it to a cooling rack, to cool – and you can create your Cream cheese frosting while it’s cooling.
10. Scrape remaining cream cheese into a medium bowl, and work it around the edges with a spatula. Add remaining ¼ cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and ¼ tsp. salt. Mix with spatula until it’s smooth and shiny. Cover and keep chilled until cake has cooled, and then spread on the cake. You can dust on cinnamon at the end!