Recipe: Gluten Free Almond Cake
I love almond cakes, and thought I’d make something for my gluten free friends! I must say, this goes into my top 5 baking goods – and can’t believe it doesn’t have gluten, butter, sugar or milk!! Try it out and tag me if you love it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs, beaten
⅔ cup maple syrup
¼ cup virgin olive oil
Strawberries (I used a medium sized box from my local groceries, but quantity is up to you, I served it as a side with the cake, or you can use them as a topping if you’re eating within the day)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C degrees. Grease a pan with almond flour
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, combine the beaten eggs, maple syrup, olive oil and the zest of your orange. Mix well with a whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir, then pour the mixture into your pan.
4. Place your strawberries on your baking sheet. Drizzle with icing sugar, and mix well. Arrange the mixture in an even layer on the sheet.
5. Place both in the oven. Bake your cake for 40 minutes, and toss your strawberries every 15 minutes.
6. Place the cake on a wire rack to cool. Slice your orange in half and squeeze the juice of half the orange over the strawberry. Use your other half to make some detox water for the next day (ha!)
7. Once it has cooled, you can top your strawberry mixture on the cake.