I was craving chocolate – specifically Nutella this week and was in the mood to bake so I decided to make a Nutella banana cake. Let me tell you, this was so much more satisfying than the classic banana chocolate chip cake. Tag me if you try making it – you’re welcome.
Lots of Love,
WHAT YOU NEED:
•½ cup butter
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•¾ teaspoon salt
•3 bananas – mashed
•⅔ cup sugar
•¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•⅓ cup Nutella
– Pre-heat Oven to 180 C. Butter and flour your cake or loaf pan
– Mash your bananas
– Stir the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl
– Brown your butter in a skillet
– Once your brown butter has cooled, mix with the mashed bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract
– Stir, then combine with your flour mix, but don’t overmix.
– Pour half the batter into the pan, and then add dollops of the nutella before adding the rest of the batter, and doing the same with the nutella again (swirl in the nutella both times)
– Bake the cake for 55-60 mins.