Recipe: Gooey Brownies
I was craving chocolate a few days ago, and decided to make some brownies. Those were SO easy to make, and tasted so fudgy and chewy. I couldn’t finish them all so I packed half the batch for my doorman with a Thank you letter. Definitely a recipe I’ll be going back to throughout the year.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup dark cocoa powder (if you don’t find it – they seem to be out of stock, you can alternate with Nesquik powder)
nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C
2. Add the butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1.5 minutes, then let it sit for 3 minutes before whisking
3. Add the granulated and brown sugars, salt, and vanilla then whisk.
4. Whisk in the eggs
5. Sift the flour and cocoa powder or Nesquik powder into the bowl and fold in with a spatula. Add the rest of the chocolate chips and fold.
6. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and grease with the nonstick cooking spray – make sure to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes and let it cool before cutting them into pieces.