You guys asked, and here it is. I altered two recipes I found online to make my pop overs. I skipped the cream cheese that one recipe suggested (feel free to alter the below, and make it your own). If you do make it, let me know how it goes. I used the below recipe for a 12 cup muffin pan.
Love, Tala x
WHAT YOU NEED
• Salted butter (I would go less with the quantities if you like things less buttery)
• 1 1/2 cups whole milk
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
1. Preheat the oven to 235 C
2. Place half of 1 teaspoon of butter in each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan (I didn’t use a pop over pan, so you would need to change up the quantities if you’re not using a muffin pan. Transfer the pan to the oven 3-5 minutes before baking to melt the butter and heat the pan.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs until frothy, and then add 1 tbsp of melted butter, the vanilla, flour, and salt – and whisk again.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and swirl the butter around the cups to grease. Fill the batter between the cups till them 3/4 full. Transfer to the oven and bake between 18-20 minutes until they’re puffed, golden and crisp.
5. To make the brown butter. Add 5-6 tbsp of butter to a skillet over medium heat till it’s nice and golden (about 3-4 mins). Transfer the butter to a bowl.
6. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
7. Use a pastry brush to brush each warm popover with the browned butter, then roll through the cinnamon sugar.
They taste much better on the same day, while they’re warm. The more butter you use, the gooey’er they are the next day.