I’m so excited to share that I’ll be collaborating with Marquee salon in the UAE for monthly hair tutorials (step by step pictures as well as a video) on how to create a different look every month. Myself and the team at Marquee will be choosing a different style to go with every month, and come up with easy step by step guides to do at home. Cat, Marquee’s creative director shows how to get the hairstyle I love the most – retro Hollywood waves. View the video hair tutorial here
I’m wearing a Poca and Poca top. Make up by Dee of DeebyDal
What you need
- Kevin.Murphy Anti.Gravity Lotion
- Kevin.Murphy Cortex Wand
- Kevin.Murphy Pin.Clips
- Kevin.Murphy Smoothing.Brush
- Kevin.Murphy Texture.Comb
- Kevin.Murphy Easy.Rider
- Kevin.Murphy Shimmer.Shine
- Kevin.Murphy Session.Spray
Step by Step
- Starting with clean damp hair start by prepping the hair with Kevin.Murphy Anit.Gravity which will act as a setting lotion for the style and rough dry in the lotion. Split your parting at the side using the arch of your eyebrow as a guide and section the hair into 3 parts.
- Starting from the front. Take the cortex styling wand with medium wand head. Hold the wand horizontally and wrap the hair around the wand and hold for 30 seconds. Take the wand out and secure with a pin clip. Repeat on the other side in 3-4 sections.
- Take the back section of hair and divide from ear to ear to the centre of the neck into 3 sections. Curl and pin the two bottom sections and follow curling the top part in 3 equal sections.
- Apply Kevin.Murphy Session.Spray and leave the curls to set for 10 minutes.
- Unpin the hair and brush through vigorously with the Kevin.Murphy Smoothing.Brush until soft waves have appeared.
- Use a wide toothed comb such as the Kevin.Murphy Texture.Comb to dress the hair, positioning the waves and and pin with pin clips to set the waves. Add some Kevin.Murphy Session.Spray to secure.
- Remove the pins and add a little Kevin.Murphy Easy.Rider to smooth any flyway’s and finish with a spritz of Kevin.Murphy Shimmer.Shine!